Irdroid is a universal infrared remote control for smartphones, tablets and other devices, working with the Google Android operating system. To control your favourite TV, STB or DVD, you need to download the Irdroid APP for Android and to purchase a Irdroid module.. The Irdroid application is available for download from the Google Play market and from Appslib (for android tablets) The biggest benefit of Irdroid is that it is compatible with the LIRC project in which database, there are a lot of supported equipment vendor’s some of the famous are Samsung, Sony, Motorola, LG, Panasonic, Philips and many, many more (see here – > http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/).Another benefit for the Public is that the Irdroid application is free, open source and the source code can be downloaded from http://www.github.com/irdroid.
- Free and open source application and open hardware module
- Available from Google Play, AppsLib
- Low cost Irdroid infrared module
- Plug and play design
- Extended remote control range – 10+ meters
- Small Dimensions 17×43,2 mm
- Design based on the principle KISS (Keep it simple stupid!)
The Irdroid modules are compatible with the following apps for Android:
- Irdroid – Of course the official app
- PhotoIRmote – PhotoIRmote is a DSLR Remote Timer Controller for android.
- Androlirc – A port of LIRC (Linux Infrared remote Control) for Android
- Coversal – Unified Remote control
- AIRC- Native Android Port of LIRC (source code available).
External Hardware Compatibility:
- Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver – Irdroid detached from your phone and available via bluetooth read more here.
You are Android Developer and you want to use the Irdroid source code for custom application? No problem, check it out at http://www.github.com/irdroid
The Irdroid hardware and software are open source, licensed under GPL 2.0, however for Commercial purposes the usage of the Irdroid brand is subject to a payment of a single time license fee. For more information, please contact us here
Our Online store Offer :
- Irdroid v1.0 – now for $15
- Irdroid v2.0 – Bluetooth version now for $59
- Irdroid v2.0 – Bluetooth kits now for $49
- Irdroid v3 – WiFI version for $55
- Irdroid USB Infrared Transmitter for $29.90
- Irdroid USB Infrared Transceiver for $32
- Irdroid Kits starting from $10